- Richard Salomon, Indian Epigraphy: A Guide to the Study of Inscriptions in Sanskrit, Prakrit, and the Other Indo-Aryan Languages (New York: Oxford University Press, 1998).
- Harivallabh Chunilal Bhayani, Rāula-vela of Roḍa: a rare poem of c. twelfth century in early Indo-Aryan (Ahmedabad: Parshva Prakashan, 1994).
- Mātāprasāda Gupta, Rāula Vela aura usakī bhāṣā (Ilāhābāda: Mitra Prakāśana, 1965).
- Kailāśa Candra Bhāṭiyā, Rāulavela: prārambhika Hindī kā pahalā śilāṅkita kāvya (Naī Dillī: Takshaśilā Prakāśana, 1983).
- Timothy Lenz, “A New Interpretation of the Rāula-Vela Inscription,” in Studies in Early Modern Indo-Aryan Languages, Literature, and Culture : Research Papers, 1992-1994, Presented at the Sixth Conference on Devotional Literature in New Indo-Aryan Languages, Held at Seattle, University of Washington, 7–9 July 1994, edited by A. W. Entwistle (New Delhi: Manohar Publishers & Distributors, 1999), pp. 199-207.