This inscription is engraved on a slab pillar, which now stands outside the main entrance of the Gaḍalādeṇiya Vihārē, a foundation of the fourteenth century situated in Uḍunuvara of Kandy District. The pillar was set up in its present position by H. C. P. Bell, Archaeological Commissioner, who found it inside the temple. All four faces of the pillar are inscribed. On the front of the slab is a record dated in the fifth year of king Siri San̆gbō Śrī Jayavīra Parākrama Bāhu, which grants an amnesty to Mēṇavara Tuṇayan, nephew of the ǟpā Parākrama Bāhu of Doḍamvela, and the people of the Five Countries, on the reduction of the Hill Country then recently effected before the Coronation Festival held on the twelfth of the bright half of Vesak. This text is preceded on one of the narrow sides of the slab by the word Siddhi engraved beneath the sun and moon, a cakra and conch shell. On the reverse of the slab, continued on the other narrow side, is the undertaking of the rebels to be faithful to His Majesty; their leader is here called Mēṇavara Tuṇayārun. Codrington tentatively suggests that the king Siri San̆gbō Śrī Jayavīra Parākrama Bāhu of this inscription may have been Parākrama Bāhu IX, whose coronation took place in 1509 and whose reduction of the Hill Country is recorded in the Rājāvaliya. This would make the date of the inscription 30 September 1513.